口语集锦1
容易混淆的词语或词组:
sporting house 妓院(不是“体育室”) -
dead president 美钞(上印有总统头像)(并非“死了的总统”) -
lover 情人(不是“爱人”)
busboy 餐馆勤杂工(不是“公汽售票员”)
busybody 爱管闲事的人(不是“大忙人”)
dry goods (美)纺织品;(英)谷物(不是“干货”)
heartman 换心人(不是“有心人”) -
mad doctor 精神病科医生(不是“发疯的医生”)
eleventh hour 最后时刻(不是“十一点”) -
blind date (由第三者安排的)男女初次会面(并非“盲目约会”或“瞎约会”) -
personal remark 人身攻击(不是“个人评论”) -
sweet water 淡水(不是“糖水”或“甜水”) -
confidence man 骗子(不是“信得过的人”) -
criminal lawyer 刑事律师(不是“犯罪的律师”) -
service station 加油站(不是“服务站”) -
rest room 厕所(不是“休息室”) -
dressing room 化妆室(不是“试衣室”或“更衣室”) -
horse sense 常识(不是“马的感觉”) -
capital idea 好主意(不是“资本主义思想”) -
familiar talk 庸俗的交谈(不是“熟悉的谈话”)
black tea 红茶(不是“黑茶”) -
black art 妖术(不是“黑色艺术”) -
black stranger 完全陌生的人(不是“陌生的黑人”) -
white coal (作动力来源用的)水(不是“白煤”) -
white man 忠实可靠的人(不是“皮肤白的人”) -
yellow book 黄皮书(法国政府报告书,以黄纸为封)(不是“黄色书籍”) -
red tape 官僚习气(不是“红色带子”) -
green hand 新手(不是“绿手”) -
blue stocking 女学者、女才子(不是“蓝色长统袜”) -
China policy 对华政策(不是“中国政策”) -
Chinese dragon 麒麟(不是“中国龙”) -
American beauty 一种玫瑰,名为“美国丽人”(不是“美国美女”) -
English disease 软骨病(不是“英国病”) -
Indian summer 愉快宁静的晚年(不是“印度的夏日”) -
Greek gift 害人的礼品(不是“希腊礼物”) -
Spanish athlete 吹牛的人(不是“西班牙运动员”) -
French chalk 滑石粉(不是“法国粉笔”) -
-
-
pull one's leg 开玩笑(不是“拉后腿”) -
in one's birthday suit 赤身裸体(不是“穿着生日礼服”) -
eat one's words 收回前言(不是“食言”) -
an apple of love 西红柿(不是“爱情之果”) -
handwriting on the wall 不祥之兆(不是“大字报”) -
bring down the house 博得全场喝彩(不是“推倒房子”) -
have a fit 勃然大怒(不是“试穿”) -
make one's hair stand on end 令人毛骨悚然—恐惧(不是“令人发指——气愤”) -
be taken in 受骗,上当(不是“被接纳”) -
think a great deal of oneself 高看或看重自己(不是“为自己想得很多”) -
pull up one's socks 鼓起勇气(不是“提上袜子”) -
have the heart to do (用于否定句)忍心做……不是“有心做”或“有意做”) -
-
-What a shame! 多可惜!真遗憾!(不是“多可耻”) -
You don't say! 是吗!(不是“你别说”) -
You can say that again! 说得好!(不是“你可以再说一遍”) -
I haven't slept better. 我睡得好极了。(不是“我从未睡过好觉”) -
You can't be too careful in your work. 你工作越仔细越好。(不是“你工作不能太仔细”) -
It has been 4 years since I smoked. 我戒烟4年了。(不是“我抽烟4年了”) -
All his friends did not turn up. 他的朋友没全到。(不是“他的朋友全没到”) -
People will be long forgetting her. 人们在很长时间内会记住她的。(不是“人们会永远忘记她”) -
He was only too pleased to let them go. 他很乐意让他们走。(不是“他太高兴了,不愿让他们走”) -
It can't be less interesting. 它无聊极了。(不是“它不可能没有趣”)
酷口:
Does it serve your purpose? 对你有用吗?
Big mouth! 多嘴驴!
I''m going to go. 我这就去。
Can-do. 能人。
Drop it! 停止!
Don''t play possum! 别装蒜!
There is nobody by that name working here. 这里没有这个人。
How big of you! 你真棒!
Nuts! 呸;胡说;混蛋
Watch you mouth. 注意言辞。
Don't over do it. 别太过分了。
You want a bet? 你想打赌吗?
Who wants? 谁稀罕?
Gild the lily. 画蛇添足。
I wonder if you can give me a lift? 能让我搭一程吗?
I might hear a pin drop. 非常寂静。
Is that so? 是这样吗?
Don't get high hat. 别摆架子。
Doggy bag. 打包袋。
Sleeping on both ears. 睡的香。
I am the one wearing pants in the house. 我当家.
It's up in the air. 尚未确定。
I am all ears. 我洗耳恭听。
Good for you! 好得很!
Let's bag it. 先把它搁一边。
Talk truly. 有话直说。
You bet! 一定,当然!
It's up to you. 由你决定。
My hands are full right now. 我现在很忙。
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 小别胜新婚。
She make a mess of things. 她把事情搞得一塌糊涂。
Get an eyeful. 看个够。
Shoot the breeze. 闲谈。
Let's play it by ear. 让我们随兴所至。
What brought you here? 什么风把你吹来了? Chin up. 不气 ,振作些。
You never know. 世事难料。
She'll be along in a few minutes. 他马上会过来。 He is a fast talker. 他是个吹牛大王。
I'll get even with him one day. 我总有一天跟他扯平 She's got quite a wad. 她身怀巨款。
I don't have anywhere to be. 没地方可去。
Nothing tricky. 别耍花招。
Price is soaring, if it goes on like this, we shall not be able to keep the pot boiling. 物价直线上升,这样子下去,我们锅里可没什么东西煮饭
None of you keyhole. 不准偷看。
Don't get me wrong. 别误会我。
You don't seem to be quite yourself today. 你今天看起来不大对劲。
Do you have any money on you? 你身上带钱了吗?
Dinner is on me. 晚饭我请。
We have no way out. 我们没办法。
I hate to be late and keep my date waiting. 我不喜欢迟到而让别人久等。
Not precisely! 不见得,不一定!
You don't say so. 未必吧,不至于这样吧。
It doesn't take much of you time. 这不花你好多时间。
Not in the long run. 从长远来说不是这样的。
It is of high quality. 它质量上乘。
He pushes his luck. 他太贪心了。
I can't make both ends meet. 我上个月接不到下个月,缺钱。
It can be a killer. 这是个伤脑筋的问题。
You ask for it! 活该!
英语口语中好用的四词短句——
Are you by yourself? 你一个人来吗?
Back in a moment! 马上回来!
Come to the point! 有话直说!
Don't count on me! 别指望我!
Don't get me wrong! 你搞错了!
Don't let me down! 别让我失望!
Drop me a line!要写信给我!
Get a move on! 快点吧!
Glad you like it! 很高兴你喜欢!
He always talks big! 他老是吹牛!
I cross my heart! 我发誓是真的!
I watch my money! 视财如命!
I'll check it out! 我去查查看!
I'm down and out! 我穷困潦倒!
I'm not that bad! 我没那么差吧?
I've got the blues! 我很郁闷!
If I were you...=if I were in your shoes如果我是你...
It kills my eyes! 太好看了!
It’s worth a try! 值得一试!
Know what I mean? 明白我的意思吧?
My mouth is watering! 我要流口水了!
None of your business! 没你事!
全方位测测自己的英语水平>>
She’s under the weather! 她今天很忧郁!
So far, so good! 还过得去!
Speaking of the devil! 说曹操,曹操到!
Stay away from me! 离我远点!
That makes no difference! 不都一样吗?
The walls have ears! 隔墙有耳!
We better get going! 最好马上就走!
We’re all for it! 我们都赞成!
What’s on your mind? 你在想什么?
You are the boss! 你是老大!
You asked for it! 你自讨苦吃!
You have my word! 我保证!
You want a bet? 你敢打赌吗?
You’re pulling my leg! 你开玩笑吧?
You’re really kidding me! 真是笑死我了!
口译必背句子
1. leave sb the choice of ... or ... 要么…,要么… (选择类经典句)
Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us the choice of brave resistance or the most abject submission.
敌人冷酷无情/铁石心肠,我们要么英勇奋战,要么屈膝投降。
年过三十,要么结婚,要么单身。
2. be the instrument of sth 引来某事物的人或事(使动类经典句)
The eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have the blessings and praises, if happily we are the instruments of saving them from the tyranny meditated against them.
全国同胞都在注视着我们。如果我们有幸使他们摆脱强加于身的暴政,我们将得到他们的祝福和赞颂。
他所建立的组织最终使他垮了台。
The organization he had built up eventually became the instrument of his downfall.
能够让你幸福,我愿意付出我的一切。
If I can be the instrument of your happiness, I will sacrifice all I have.
3. it was the memory / memories of 追溯到…,回顾历史(回忆类经典句)
Perhaps it was the memories of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and the 1988 Seoul Olympics, which were considered turning points in their nations' development.
(回顾历史,)人们可能会把 1964 年东京奥运会和 1988 年汉城奥运会分别视为日韩两国发展的转折点。
“零地带”这个术语可以追溯到 1945 年广岛和长崎遭受原子弹袭击的历史时刻。
4. on the premise / ground / prerequisite / proposition / hypothesis / presuposition that 基于一个前提… (假设类经典句)
中国政府在宣布实行和平统一的方针时,是基于一个前提,即当时的台湾当局坚持世界上只有一个中国,台湾是中国的一部分。
The Chinese government declared the implementation of the policy of peaceful reunification on the premise that the then Taiwan authorities maintained that there is only one China in the world and Taiwan is but one part of China.
Advice to investors was based on the premise that interest rates would continue to fall.
对投资者的建议是以利率将继续下跌为依据的。
5. be bound to 必定…;一定… (意愿类经典句)
西部大开发一定能成为沟通世界各国和中国的一座桥梁,促进中国和世界经济共同发展,共同繁荣。
The Great Development of Western China is bound to be a bridge between China and other countries, promoting common economic development and prosperity for the whole world.
Just wars are bound to triumph over wars of aggression.
正义之战必胜,侵略之战必败。
6. a matter of sth/doing sth 与…有关的情况或问题 (描述类经典句)
Considering the following statements, made by the same man eight years apart. "Eventually, being 'poor' won't be as much a matter of living in a poor country as it will be a matter of having poor skills."
请思考一下同一个人在八年前与现在所说的话。“说到底,‘贫穷’与其说是生活在贫穷的国家里,还不如说是技艺不精。”
处理这些问题全凭经验。
7. This is the similar case with/when 这恰如;正如;也会(比较类经典句)
这恰如我们虽然看不懂莫扎特乐曲的总谱,却照样能同它的主旋律产生共鸣,击节称赞。
This is the similar case when the main melody can evoke a strong echo for us with our hands clapping in admiration despite our disability to understand the score of Mozart's musical pieces.
除此以外,老百姓的服务性消费,如教育,信息,旅游等消费也会大量增长。
Besides, this is also the case with the citizen's expenditure on education, information, traveling, etc.
8. be exemplified by 这一点也证明了…;这点反映在以下事实:… (举例类经典句)
This American desire to keep the children's world separate from that of the adult is exemplified also by the practice of delaying transmission of the news to children when their parents have been killed in an accident.
如果父母在事故中丧生,人们总是晚些时候才告诉孩子们,这一点也证实了美国人想把儿童世界和成人世界隔离开的愿望。
美国人想把儿童和成人的世界划清界限,这一愿望还反映在以下事实:如果父母在事故中丧生,人们总是晚些时候才告诉孩子们。
体力劳动者在任何场合通常都相当自在。收入档次不同的人就读同一所学校,这个事实多少说明了这一点。
9. constitute… (不用于进行式)是;认为(判断类经典句)
历史雄辩地说明,中美之间建立在平等互利基础上的劳动分工是最为合理和实用的国际关系。
History has proved eloquently that the division of labor based on equality and mutual benefit between China and USA constitutes the most reasonable and practical international relationship.
My decision does not constitute a precedent.
我的决定不应视为先例。
The defeat constitutes a major set-back for our diplomacy.
这一失败是我们外交上的重大挫折。
10. witness... 见证… (发生类经典句)
a time or event witnesses sth / sb in a particular situation or doing a particular thing.
经过二十多年的快速发展,中国西部地区已奠定了一定的物质技术基础。
The rapid development in the past 20 years witnesses a relatively solid foundation in terms of material wealth and technology in the western region of China.
在下一轮的会谈中,我们将宣布中东地区永久停火协议,对此我抱有乐观态度并充满希望。
I am optimistic and hopeful that the next round of talk will witness a permanent cease-fire in the Middle East.
慰问口语: